Friday 3 June 2011

Research


I decided that I would hold an Exhibition, I have had an interest in photography for some years now and I wanted to incorporate one of my passions which is the study of diverse cultures and include this as part of my exhibition. 

Therefore my exhibition will demonstrate the essence of Asian culture. The photos were taken during my gap year where I traveled around Asia for four months. 

I began by working out how much it would cost to print my pictures and I questioned what Size should I print them at. I got price guides from snappy snaps, la foto and ravensbourne university. It turned out that it would be to costly to use these companies. Ravensbourne printing was a cheap alternative and the image quality was good and the cost low. as little as one pund per print on A2 size. 


To improve my project I should have contacted Artists who have had experience in setting up galleries, they could provide vital information on how print and they right way to display your art or photos. 


It would have also been beneficial to have had my exhibition in a more high profile gallery such as London once again, I would of had to invest more time and effort to do this. It is something I will look into in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment