Friday 3 June 2011

Progress Map

I thought It would be a good Idea to Create A progress Map, explaining my thought process. 

My research began with the internet and the contacted people and eventually setting up an exhibition.

  • The first step that I decided to take was to find out where I could hold an exhibition. I called up the Bromley council and the Beckenham Hall. The Beckenham Hall was charging rates of £15 an hour
  • I asked them a number of questions, am I allowed to sell my prints there, what dates can I host an exhibition, how much they charge.
  • I also when brainstorming wrote down a number of points which I should consider, where to print? where to host the exhibition? Can I use some of the money I made from a family wedding for this project? Possible business's to use, Snappy Snaps, La Foto , Call A renowned Photographer Duncan Raban, Prices how much should I see them for? Call local councils? Cost of Large Prints,Make sure I get companies number and details to contact.
  • Bromley council Number (0208,464,3333) - (Exhibition) - central Library (0208,460,9955) - (Ripley Art Society around Bromley (0208,461,7241)
  •  Pick 10- 12 best Photos, I need a date? main Contact Liz heele I have arranged a meeting to see her at 10:00am Monday.
  • My exhibition will begin on the 1st of June, I can show her my work in the meeting. meet her at Bromley Library 7th floor side office. (bring laptop)
  • It would be good to contact some more high profile (London Galleries) E and E Deadline 10th of June
  • Decided to go with the bromley library exhibition, running out of time, David Legge Ravesnbourne Student (Tuesday the 31st may)  Big Night Thursday (how do I publicize it?)
  • Advertise, make sure you invest enough time to advertise correctly
  • Jake contact my framer how much will he charge to mount my work?
  • Cost how much will it amount to? how much should I spend how much do I hope to make?
  • Each Picture Size?

  • Where can I find Post cards to print ?
  • 24 X postcards
  • 1 X Shanghai on Canvas A2 - 1 X Shanghai on Print A2 - 1 X Hong Kong Boat A3 print 
  • 1 X Samurai A5 Print - 1 X Buddha Statue A4 Print - 1 X Thai Beach A3 Print - 1 X Thai Portrait Sea A3 Print - 1 X Tibet Landscape A3 Print - 1 X China Great wall A3 Print - 1 X Japan Fountain A3 Print.
  • Print Costs? 
  • Costs So far - £15 on prints (all prints were done at College) 
  • Post Card Pricing £10.19 for 20 post cards.
  • Business cards - £10.99 (exc.vat)
  •   Snappy Snaps printing costs? - Canvas A2 prints? 18X22 = A2 in size
  • Snappy Snaps A2 Canvas = £90 to much money - A3 canvas costs £60 dimension = 12X8
  • la foto an alternative A2 = £60 a lot cheaper then snappy Snaps A3 = £45.
  • How much do I want to spend? 
  • Gallery Seventeen local gallery, costs, 15X  A3 prints £7.46 each discounted to $6.15 Total £90


No comments:

Post a Comment