Thursday 9 June 2011

Pros and Cons of Exhibition experience.

Pros 

  • Great experience
The experience was extremely beneficial and I feel I have learn't a lot from the exhibition. I learnt the types of process that u need to make an exhibition successful, such as promotion, marketing, identifying your target audience. Pricing, all vital points to make a business successful. I felt the photos that I picked were strong and had a lot of impact, I also made many sheets providing information about my self and the nature of the exhibition.

  • encouragement from peoples comments
I had a lot of positive comments stating that they enjoyed the exhibition and which photos they particularly liked.

  • Organisation making things happen 
I had to spend a great deal of time staying on track arranging meetings, calling up framing businesses, working out cost, dates when I could actually set and exhibition in the time frame. I felt it went well I had a small book which I logged all information down in, and I later put this into my blog as memory map. Its encouraging that I actually got an exhibition space and have had some interest in the sales. 

Cons

  • Not a great location
I could have done with being in a higher profile location such as London, however I managed to secure a space free of charge through some negotiations. The fees would have been far higher to hold a space in London.

  • Marketing
I would have like to pay some money to put my exhibition in the new shopper and inform the public to a larger level, this could have been done with leaflets through doors. I could have had a large stand in Bromley High street. I could have also set up a space in The college. However I did create posters, information guides, biography pages, as well as a large poster and an event on facebook which attracted many visitors.

  • Conclusion
Overall I found the experience exciting and I learnt new skills, I learnt the steps of how to set up an exhibition. The next step is getting in contact with other galleries across London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment